In most cases, roofers can work with or without you on the premises. Most of this decision comes down to what you feel comfortable with, but there are factors to keep in mind. Read on to determine if you should be home during roof replacement or roof repair.
Pros of Staying Home during Roof Replacement
There are several upsides to being home when your roofers are working, including:
- You can observe the roofers working. Some homeowners like to know what’s going on at all times in their project, and that’s OK! It’s your property, and you have every right to be there.
- You can save money on lodging accommodations. If the roofing project is going to take several days and you do not have someone to stay with, staying at home could save money on hotel fees.
- You’re available if something arises during the project. The project manager can always call you with a question if you’re not on the property, but being around is convenient as well.
- You may feel more at ease knowing you’re on the property. This could be less about project management and more about security. If the peace of mind of being there trumps the drawbacks listed below, that may be the best decision for you.
Cons of Staying Home for Roofing Services
Staying home seems convenient at first glance, but you may find it’s not so convenient in practice. Here are some reasons not to stay home during roof work:
- It’s going to be noisy. Roofing equipment is notoriously noisy, even for small roof repairs. If you work from home or need a quiet space to be in, you may want to make other arrangements.
- It may not be safe for you to be in the house. This will depend on the nature of the roofing services and the layout of your home. Your roofer can discuss options during your consultation.
- The roof work may impact the temperature inside your home. Your roofing plays a critical role in temperature control. Thus it may be too hot or too cold for you in the house while workers are renovating your roof.
- Being home may make you more stressed than necessary. Home improvement is inherently stressful. If you’re going to worry every time you hear a noise outside, you’re probably better off trusting the roofers. Make sure you hire licensed, experienced and insured roofing contractors so you can leave your house with confidence.
Note: You May Not Have the Option to Stay Home
Staying home isn’t an option for many projects. For instance, if your primary living area or bedroom is going to be exposed during your roof replacement, you cannot be in those areas while the roofers are working. It’s a safety hazard for yourself and the roofing company.
Your roofer will let you know if staying home is an option. If not, you’ll know in advance so you can make arrangements.
Our Roofers Will Work around Your Schedule and Comfort Level
McLean Roofing and Siding puts the client first. We understand your busy schedule, and we do our best to accommodate it. Whether you opt to stay home or visit a friend during your roof repair, you can rest assured that you’re in great hands.
All of our roofing work is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, along with warranties on labor and materials. Our local roofing company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, which means we’ve passed their top-quality standards for honesty, integrity, trust and transparency.
Contact (248) 524-1111 to schedule a free estimate for roofing services in Troy MI, Oakland County, Macomb County and surrounding areas.