Thinking about getting vinyl siding for your home? This has become a popular choice throughout the country, and it is one of the most affordable siding options available. Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean vinyl is right for everyone. Let’s look at the pros and cons of vinyl siding to determine if it’s a good fit for you.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding
Some of the biggest advantages to having vinyl siding include:
- Vinyl siding is inexpensive compared to other siding materials.
- Vinyl siding is durable and manufactured to withstand most weather concerns.
- Vinyl is easy to maintain; just rinse it off with a hose!
- Vinyl is available in a wide range of colors, so you can choose the best option to enhance your curb appeal.
- Vinyl never needs to be painted, saving you time and money in the future.
Downsides of Vinyl Siding
Vinyl is a great siding material, but it has its flaws. The drawbacks of vinyl siding include:
- If vinyl siding is not installed properly, it can come off with high winds. At McLean Roofing and Siding, we use prove installation techniques and premium craftsmanship to avoid this issue.
- Horizontal vinyl siding can look a little one-dimensional if there are no other materials on the exterior. This is why many homeowners use cultured stone veneer or faux shake singles to add visual contrast to the façade.
- Vinyl siding isn’t the best option for all homes. This is particularly true for old or historic homes. If vinyl doesn’t suit your home’s aesthetic, we can recommend other options for you.
- Vinyl can scratch if it gets hit by lawn equipment, flying rocks, etc. The scratches may not be noticeable because the vinyl is the same color all the way through, but it is something to note in high-risk areas.
Should You Get Vinyl Siding for Your House?
Vinyl siding is an affordable, durable, beautiful siding option that comes in a wide variety of colors. It is a great fit for most homes, but it may not be the best option for yours. Ideally, you should get a quote from a local siding company to make an informed decision about your new siding. Our experts would be happy to help. McLean Roofing and Siding serves many communities in Southeast Michigan, including Metro Detroit and surrounding areas. Give us a call at (248) 524-1111 to schedule your no-obligation quote.